Amy’s 8 Things
(Hmmm I kinda like the sound of that)!
So I have been tagged here and on the PML blog – do I have to come up with 16 things or should I just refer you there!? 😉 EDIT: Okay I managed to come up with 8 more – if you’re really bored or interested check them out! 😉
Well, I’ll do 8 here and then see what happens:
1. I like to keep my fingernails really short because I can’t stand typing on the keyboard with long ones. I spend so much time typing that it really is an issue for me and I can now hardly stand for them to be much longer than the very end of the tips of my fingers. This is okay though because I also pretty much prefer them this way and like the way they look. I also like to paint them dark red.
2. When I was little we had a tire swing in the backyard, hanging from a very large, old tree. I used to play outside on that tire swing all by myself for hours! One thing I would do was to “broadcast” my own radio show while I swung around (weird).
3. I have worked in the following places: a 5 & 10 store; CVS; a Mail Boxes, Etc. (no, it wasn’t a UPS Store back then); a Manhattan publishing company; the Clifton (NJ) Public Library; and now at the Paterson (NJ) Free Public Library. It NEVER occurred to me to become a librarian, not even once, for one second, even though I went there ALL THE TIME, until about the year 2001.
4. I used to have a really weird habit of washing my feet before I went to bed. I just hated the idea of putting dirty feet into my bed. I don’t know why I used to do that, and I don’t really know exactly when or why I stopped doing that.
5. I don’t really like to cook. My husband doesn’t really like this fact about me.
6. I have never, ever, ever smoked a cigarette. Not even one puff once to try it. Never.
7. The first car I ever owned, which I bought myself, was a used Nissan Sentra. Stick shift. I didn’t know how to drive stick. I couldn’t even drive the car home myself. While learning to drive it, I once drove it right through the garage door! The only person who finally succeeded in teaching me how to drive that thing was a friend of my mom’s. She was also my brother’s Pre-K teacher and also then became a librarian!
8. I used to be a soccer superstar!
And, I’m not tagging anyone else. I hope that won’t bring me 8 million years of bad luck or something…!!??!?