I’ve Been Tagged!
This is so great! I’ve been “Tagged” (see Blog Tag Tree) to share with you all and it is just the thing I need to get me back into blogging on a regular basis, which is ONE of my New Year’s Resolutions (more later)….
Also, this forces me to jump in and use this “new” Blogger, so we’ll see…
Blog Tag: 5 Things You Don’t Know About Me
I’ve been tagged by Michael Casey to write about “5 Things You Don’t Know About Amy Kearns”(for those of you who care)!
1. I have a B.A. in Philosophy from Rutgers because I couldn’t stop taking the classes because I loved them so much, even though I had no idea what I would be “when I grew up” with a degree in Philosophy!
The best thing a Philosophy Professor ever told me was, “When someone asks you, ‘What are you going to do with a B.A. in Philosophy!? You tell them ANYTHING!”
And, it’s true – a B.A. in Philosophy is good for any-and-every-thing you would ever want to be when you grow up, especially a librarian (which I didn’t even know I wanted to be until about 1995)!
(Note: My sister went on to get a B.A. in Philosophy from the University of Delaware and my Director, Cindy Czesak, also has a Philosophy degree!)
2. I can’t believe I am about to admit this, but I have a secret (well not-so-secret now!) passion for Drum and Bugle Corps competitions, and I have attended them almost every single year without missing one since I was about 5 years old! I was never in band, and I’ve never participated in one, but I have been a strong and fanatical supporter of Youth Education in the Arts for many years now!
3. In some ways I am a somewhat “stereotypical” librarian – I LOVE to READ and I LOVE to KNIT! A favorite site of mine is knitty! I just knit a scarf for my sister (my photos are on flickr) for Christmas. In some other ways I am NOT a “stereotypical” librarian – I don’t have (or really like that much) cats but I do have an English Bulldog named Nigel!😉
4. I worked in Publishing in NYC for 5 years when I first graduated from college and my dream was to live in Manhattan! That never happened and after five years I couldn’t really take the commute anymore! I was about to get married at the time and my then-fiance-now-husband was working as a teacher in NJ and I wasn’t very happy getting home after 7pm when he was finished with work around 4!😉
5. I have already recruited one new librarian since I received my MLIS (also from Rutgers, SCILS, in 2003)! My mom is the Children’s Librarian at the Glen Rock Public Libray! Who are you going to recruit!?😉
Thanks for tagging me and allowing me to play and for reading, if you got this far! Now it’s my turn and….