Friday Fun: Test Your Technology Type

February 8, 2008 at 11:43 am 9 comments

PEW Internet and American Life Project has a quick 10 question test for people to see what kind of technology user they are.

When looking at the different types of users, I was pretty suprised to see that the American population was well dispersed between the 10 different categories.

My results pegged me as an Omnivore, which comprises 8% of the general population. The provided description was pretty accurate, the only big miss being that I do not own a Blackberry/iphone.

But I will…. oh yes, I will. bwahahahahahaha!

About these ads

Entry filed under: Technology. Tags: , .

Carnival of the Infosciences #88 Can libraries adapt this idea?

9 Comments

• 1. Janie L. Hermann  |  February 8, 2008 at 12:49 pm

Not so young and definitely not male or a student, but Pew most certainly classifies me as an Omnivore as well.

• 2. waltc  |  February 8, 2008 at 1:16 pm

Tyler, Not directly relevant to this post, but: I’m attempting to request permission to reuse some of your Library Garden posts in the PALINET Leadership Network, and can’t find an email address. Help? Walt Crawford, waltcrawford@gmail.com or crawford@palinet.org

• 3. pollyalida  |  February 11, 2008 at 2:03 pm

Janie, I can keep you company in the ‘not so young and definitely not male or student’ omnivore group! I took this quiz (or a similar one?) a few months ago. Didn’t come out as an omnivore then. Working my way up the food chain?

• 4. booklady  |  February 12, 2008 at 3:12 pm

Thanks! That was fun. I’m not quite an omnivore, but close. I think it’s the lack of a PDA that did it, or the fact that I rarely use my cell phone.

• 5. Susan  |  February 13, 2008 at 8:02 pm

Lots of fun Ty. Thanks! I made a mention on Pop. P.S. I am an omnivore too.

• 6. lemasney  |  February 15, 2008 at 10:31 am

Great share. I’m an omnivore too. ;)

j.

• 7. Janie L. Hermann  |  February 15, 2008 at 12:59 pm

So it seems that the readers of LG are omnivores (or close to it).

• 8. waltc  |  February 15, 2008 at 1:09 pm

Not all of us. Pew calls me a “Lackluster Veteran.” What I call Pew in return? An outfit that’s moved from research & observation to flat-out advocacy. Which is a shame.

• 9. Janie L. Hermann  |  February 15, 2008 at 2:05 pm

waltc for the win!

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Disclaimer: The thoughts expressed on this blog are those of the authors and are not intended to reflect the views of our employers.

A Note on the history of posts

Please note that all Library Garden posts dated earlier than September 13,2009 originally appeared on our Blogger site. These posts have been imported to this site as a convenience when searching the entire site for content.

If you are interested in seeing the original post, with formatting and comments in tact, please bring up the original post at our old Blogger site.

Thanks for reading Library Garden!

wordpress
visitors

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 39 other followers