I’ve Been Tagged!
This is so great! I’ve been “Tagged” (see Blog Tag Tree) to share with you all and it is just the thing I need to get me back into blogging on a regular basis, which is ONE of my New Year’s Resolutions (more later)….
Also, this forces me to jump in and use this “new” Blogger, so we’ll see…
Blog Tag: 5 Things You Don’t Know About Me
I’ve been tagged by Michael Casey to write about “5 Things You Don’t Know About Amy Kearns”(for those of you who care)!
1. I have a B.A. in Philosophy from Rutgers because I couldn’t stop taking the classes because I loved them so much, even though I had no idea what I would be “when I grew up” with a degree in Philosophy!
The best thing a Philosophy Professor ever told me was, “When someone asks you, ‘What are you going to do with a B.A. in Philosophy!? You tell them ANYTHING!”
And, it’s true – a B.A. in Philosophy is good for any-and-every-thing you would ever want to be when you grow up, especially a librarian (which I didn’t even know I wanted to be until about 1995)!
(Note: My sister went on to get a B.A. in Philosophy from the University of Delaware and my Director, Cindy Czesak, also has a Philosophy degree!)
2. I can’t believe I am about to admit this, but I have a secret (well not-so-secret now!) passion for Drum and Bugle Corps competitions, and I have attended them almost every single year without missing one since I was about 5 years old! I was never in band, and I’ve never participated in one, but I have been a strong and fanatical supporter of Youth Education in the Arts for many years now!
3. In some ways I am a somewhat “stereotypical” librarian – I LOVE to READ and I LOVE to KNIT! A favorite site of mine is knitty! I just knit a scarf for my sister (my photos are on flickr) for Christmas. In some other ways I am NOT a “stereotypical” librarian – I don’t have (or really like that much) cats but I do have an English Bulldog named Nigel!
4. I worked in Publishing in NYC for 5 years when I first graduated from college and my dream was to live in Manhattan! That never happened and after five years I couldn’t really take the commute anymore! I was about to get married at the time and my then-fiance-now-husband was working as a teacher in NJ and I wasn’t very happy getting home after 7pm when he was finished with work around 4!
5. I have already recruited one new librarian since I received my MLIS (also from Rutgers, SCILS, in 2003)! My mom is the Children’s Librarian at the Glen Rock Public Libray! Who are you going to recruit!?
Thanks for tagging me and allowing me to play and for reading, if you got this far! Now it’s my turn and….